(03) 8605 4874

Student Visa (Subclass 500)


This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognised education institution.


​You must have:

  • applied for and been accepted to study in a registered full-time course at an educational institution in Australia
  • organised appropriate welfare arrangements for the duration of your intended stay in Australia if you are under 18 years of age.

Before you apply for this visa, you must have been accepted to study full-time at a registered educational institution in Australia.

Conditions of Work

Provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia, you can work up to

  • 20 hours per week while your course is in session; AND
  • Unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks.

Your family members can work up to 20 hours per week provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia

Financial Requirements

You must maintain enough money to pay for travel, tuition and living expenses for yourself, your partner and your dependent children for the duration of your stay in Australia.

You must also maintain health insurance for you and your family members while in Australia. Health insurance can be provided by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance.

Find all of the visa conditions here.